Parent Information

Useful Links

Disability Employment Services (DES)

Disability Employment Services are contracted providers of government employment services and support. They help eligible people with disability to find and keep a job.

JobAccess for People with Disability

JobAccess is here to help people with disability find and keep jobs, get promoted to better jobs, upgrade or expand their workplace skills, and more.

National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)

NDIS work with people with disability and can support the individual’s strengths and needs, plus any goals or aspirations they would like to start working towards, and capture these elements in their NDIS plan.

Centrelink – Disability Support Pension (DSP)

The DSP provides financial support if you have a physical, intellectual or psychiatric condition that stops you from working, or if you are permanently blind. A disability pension is a form of pension given to those people who are permanently or temporarily unable to work due to a disability.

Centrelink – The Pensioner Education Supplement

Students may qualify for the Pensioner Education Supplement if he/she is in Year 12 and already receiving the Disability Support Pension.

Centrelink – Carers Allowance

The Carer Allowance is an income supplement for people who provide additional daily care and attention for an adult or child with a disability or a medical condition. Carer Allowance is not taxable or income and assets tested. It can be paid in addition to wages or another income support payment.

Support Groups

Local Education Support Centres

Social Media

  • Facebook: John Tonkin College Education Support Centre